This week on the Exploring the Mind! podcast, Michael Lovitch spends some quality time with Dr. Michael Shermer (view bio) to talk about why people believe in weird things and the reason why The Law of Attraction (ie, “The Secret”) is a “weird thing”.
Dr. Michael Shermer is the Founding Publisher of Skeptic magazine, the Executive Director of the Skeptics Society, a monthly columnist for Scientific American, the host of the Skeptics Distinguished Science Lecture Series at Caltech, and Adjunct Professor of Economics at Claremont Graduate University.
He is the author of over 10 books, including, ‘Why People Believe in Weird Things‘ and the current best seller, ‘The Mind of The Market‘– a very interesting book that compares the free market to evolutionary theory.
What You Will Learn From This Podcast
Here are some of the questions asked to Dr. Shermer.
- What are “Weird Things” that People Believe in
- Why do Smart People Believe Weird Things
- Why Believing in Weird Things Can be a Good Thing
- How to Protect Yourself from Certainty
- What is the “Free Market” and How Does it Relate to Evolutionary Theory